Thursday 5 June 2008

Nicholas is first to leave The Apprentice

Trainee barrister Nicholas de Lacy-Brown has become the first contestant to be fired in the new series of 'The Apprentice'.
Alan Sugar decided to give the 23-year-old the boot after the first task on the show, which involved selling fresh fish.
After a row over lobster prices Sugar decided to send the trainee barrister home.
Speaking after he was fired, Nicholas said: "I feel a mixture of disappointment at being the first to go and relief to be out of there. I am glad to have saved my reputation which I will need to become a lawyer."
"Sir Alan and I were like chalk and cheese and I felt like a fish out of water if you'll excuse the pun."
"I soon realised it wasn't really for me and so did Sir Alan. Being on the show definitely made me realise I'm a lawyer through and through."
"I found myself relying on my skills as a barrister in the boardroom and Sir Alan even said I looked like a lawyer, which filled me with pride."
The trainee barrister also said that he found the competitive nature of the show stressful.
"Being on the show was very stressful and traumatic and I found myself trying hard to be liked by the other candidates, who were also my competition."
"I worried that they didn't like me and realised that I am actually quite an insecure person when I don't have the support of my family and friends."
For more on 'The Apprentice', read our blog here.